Sunday, July 24, 2011

Harry Potter Happy Day

I love Harry Potter. The end.

The Harry Potter premier inspired me. For Halloween I am going to be a Ravenclaw. Tie, sweater, skirt, wand- the whole shabang. I'll also get a scarf... just for fun though. The tie plus scarf would be overkill.

Anyways, I was planning this all in my head, and then I thought wait... I can't buy all this stuff for just one day. I'm a little late for all the premiers, Halloween is once a year, and (even though I was Hermione for third, fourth, and fifth grade Halloween) I don't want to be obligated to be a Ravenclaw every Halloween for the rest of my life. Plus, I could get fat or pregnant and not even be able to wear it! It was way too much for a one time thing, especially since the best Halloween party I'd go to is the Howl.

Then I had a brilliant idea. I would have a day every month that I would dress up! It's just a skirt, tie, and sweater- that's a subtle enough costume to just wear without getting too many weird looks. Also just wearing that and going into Old Main would be the most magical thing ever. This was how Harry Potter Happy Day was born. I realize that isn't catchy or clever- I'm still working on the name. I tried to come up with some alliteration that sounded good with a day of the month, but eleven hours of brainstorming at Hastings didn't result in anything clever. For now it will be known as Harry Potter Happy Day (because it will make me happy and it involves Harry Potter's world), and the tentative date is the eighteenth of every month (the day of my birthday), but that is all subject to change depending on a clever name I (or anyone who wants to help me out) might think of. I also realize a day of the week would be way easier to work with, but once a week seems a little excessive. I want to keep this fun and an occasion.

I've been wand shopping and tie shopping and scarf shopping and I am just very excited for this. I'm having trouble finding a sweater and skirt- if anyone knows of places with plain skirts and v-neck sweaters the help would be very much appreciated.

I also might make a Harry Potter treat on this day every month.

Pictures/ an actually clever name/ details to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment