Sunday, June 19, 2011

Strawberry Days!

Strawberry Days. A Pleasant Grove tradition. A Smith family tradition. Loving this week is as deeply rooted in my blood as pyromania. There is the parade, the rodeo, the carnival, strawberry pie making, a family party, and the wheel at Smith Drug. Even though the strawberries come from California I look forward to this week all year.

The Smith Drug Crew walking in the parade. My cousin Jeff dressed up as a pill bottle and it was so awesome. It was also awesome to just be a spectator this year:



Malori mid-dance move. I got several awesome videos of her in action but I can't upload them. If I ever figure it out I will post them because they are classic and hilarious:


Hahaha here is my mother heckling one of her former students who walked in the parade:


Fetching candy:


Braxton hugging Malori. I thought this was adorable and I am so glad I got a picture of it:


Malori loved waving to the floats:


So basically I am the biggest pushover ever and Malori really wanted this bunny. I bet you can figure out how the rest of the story goes. However, she did name the bunny Haydn, and I was the "best sister ever" and her "favorite" for two days. The bunny was worth it:



My mom and Brian:


This is my cousin's daughter Maci. She is very cute and has a soft head:


Malori is the cutest.


This is "baby Bailey" (as Malori refers to her) at the parade:


This is me and my cousin Bailey at the rodeo. She is a doll:



My cousin Braxton did the Mutton Bustin' again this year, and I caught his impact :) I wish it was closer, but we sit on the top row. For those of you who are not native to PG and don't know what Mutton Bustin' is I will explain. Basically we put small children in a helmet and on sheep and score them like they were riding a bucking horse or bull. It's really fun when you know the kids riding, but of course I was too much of a wuss child to ever do it:


Braxton turfed it really good, but he recovered and took lots of pictures of himself on my camera haha:





No comments:

Post a Comment